A hotel manager oversees all operations and day-to-day activities in a hotel organization. They take on a variety of duties including managing everything from accounting, sales, business development, and customer service
1. Oversee personnel including receptionists, kitchen staff, and office employees.
2. Monitor employee performance and conduct regular evaluations to help improve customer service.
3. Collect payments and maintain records of budgets, funds, and expenses.
4. Welcome and register guests once they arrive.
5. Resolve issues regarding hotel services, amenities, and policies.
6. Organize activities and assign responsibilities to employees to ensure productivity.
7. Create and apply a marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services and amenities.
8. Coordinate with external parties including suppliers, travel agencies, and conference planners.
9. Evaluate hotel performance and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
10. Partake in financial activities including establishing room rates, setting budgets, and assigning funds to departments.
1. Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration, or relevant field.
2. A minimum of 2 years experience in hotel management or a similar role.
3. Strong understanding of hotel management best practices and data entry software.
4. Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
5. Exceptional leadership abilities with great attention to detail.