A Social Media Manager is in charge of the company’s interactions with the public through social media platforms using a unified voice. They devise and implement content strategies and collect engagement data. Social Media Managers also identify trends among customer interactions to help plan digital campaigns that build brand loyalty.
1. Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
2. Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
3. Set specific objectives and report on ROI
4. Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news)
5. Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
6. Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure brand consistency
7. Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
8. Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and blog layout)
9. Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
10. Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
Requirements and Skills
1. Proven work experience as a Social media manager.
2. Hands on experience in content management.
3. Excellent copywriting skills.
4. Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video).
5. Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics.
6. Knowledge of online marketing channels.
7. Familiarity with web design.
8. Excellent communication skills.
9. Analytical and multitasking skills.
10. BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field.